My Favorite Bluebonnet Books

  • The Penderwicks on Gardam Street
  • Someone Named Eva
  • Help Me Mr. Mutt!

YouTube

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

RSS Feeds

Just figured out how to add these to my blog--not too hard. I like the concept of RSS. It's like my own personal newspaper delivered every day. It's quick and easy to scan the "headlines". RSS will help me stay on top of library news without taking the time to search through several different websites. I liked the bloglines search tool the best because it allows me to search for feeds from websites of my choosing. For example, when I did a feed search for ALA, the feed that popped up wasn't directly from ALA. So I just very easily switched my search to the ALA website and found exactly the feed that I wanted. I prefer getting the feed from the website because then I know exactly what I'm subscribing to. Libraries could use RSS feeds to notify patrons of upcoming events--it's proactive because you are connecting with the patron every day (if you choose) and tugging on their sleeve saying "Hey, I'm here and this is what I have to offer--don't forget about me!"

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I did not think to add the RSS feeds to my blog until I read what you had done. Then I felt the challenge to figure out how you did it! Thanks for the gauntlet! Crazed Craker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share how you DID add your feeds to your blog. I just started my HEB23 stuff today - i've been working on it since about 6:00 - got as far as the RSS feeds - it's midnight and I just don't get it! I'm subscribed to them on Blogspot - but I need a SIMPLE tutorial on how to add the feeds to the blog. HELP! can you email me at school?

    ReplyDelete